View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:04 PM   #11
Agemegos

Default Re: Ideas for real-world people belonging to the inner circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
These people unquestionably exist, but who they are is somewhat obscure. People who know the royals personally tend to keep quiet about it, and don't participate in the modern trend for self-publicity, at least on this front. So I'd suggest that you research likely institutions and invent individuals.
But if you are looking for a real person who is plausible in the part, look for someone who was a canon or the dean of St. Georges, Windsor when HM was first seeking counsel about her visions, and who has since received a high honour in the RVO. Not the Dean of the Chapel Royal, which is an office held by the (politically-appointed) Bishop of London. Someone lower in the Chapel Royal is possible—the Sub-Dean of the Chapel Royal is Domestic Chaplain to HM at Buckingham Palace, but my impression is that the Chapel Royal is more official and ceremonial, and more musical than spiritual in its focus.

I commend to your attention the Very Reverend John Treadgold LVO, who was a canon of St Georges, serving as chaplain of the Royal Chapel 1981–1989 and then moving on to a very nice job as Dean of Chichester — which is not appointed by the PM. Got a gargoyle carved after him. Also, the Reverend William Booth CVO, who had the right sort of appointments in the Ecclesiastical Household at about the right time (Priest in Ordinary to HM Queen Elizabeth from 1976 to 1993), and has enjoyed several marks of Royal favour, including the CVO and a very comfortable Church post in the Royal Peculiar of Westminster (Priest-Vicar of Westminster), which is in the personal gift of the Sovereign.

Last edited by Agemegos; 01-09-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Agemegos is offline   Reply With Quote