View Single Post
Old 03-27-2023, 07:46 AM   #6
Fred Brackin

Default Re: Transhuman Space/Avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post

Even assuming Darktree exists in Transhuman Space (and isn't just something for Bio-Tech or further down the timeline), it is probably 61 Virginis, the canonically habitable world, which is more than six times as far from Earth as Alpha Centauri, a).
I can't get to most of my books right now but in playtest material there was a Darktree expedition and it wasn't to 61 Virginis. It was to a previously undiscovered dwarf star even closer than Proxima Centauri. Camazotz certainly are canon.

Look, there's no need to be hostile. It's not like I'm calling your first born child ugly. As a GM what you want to have happen, happens. I can only suggest logical problems that should be overcome. I see significant numbers of those to the point that I tend to doubt your statement about greatly increasing interest in extrasolar exploration. Such interest in canon TS is probably already about as high as it can get.

Also, I'm not quite sure what you think "biomarkers" are. An O2 containing atmosphere is already proof of life as we know it.