View Single Post
Old 05-16-2018, 11:27 AM   #22
Dalin

Default Re: Large variance of SMs together

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
I can't even fathom how commerce would work without extensive magic. Human coins would be too huge for faeries to use, and too tiny for titans to use.
I'm not sure about how cash would work, but I can easily imagine faeries producing commodities that might be in high demand. Pixie dust would be the prototypical item, but they might also produce other highly concentrated magical dusts and potions. Perhaps some sort of spice (e.g., faerie saffron) or drug (e.g., faerie snuff), too.

Faeries may not want cash in payment. Or, if they do, perhaps they vanish it in a poof and the big folks aren't quite sure where it goes. If they don't want cash, they may have bizarre payments required that rarely make sense to others, but scale in difficulty with the desired product. This could be a great source of mini-quests in the game: "I'll give you a gram of pixie dust, but I need a silver whisker from the oldest rat in the sewers..."*

Because of their inherently magical and whimsical nature, I can imagine the faerie side of the size scale more easily than the titan side.

* Ok, now I'm thinking about the gargantuan sewers required to deal with titanic waste...
Dalin is online now   Reply With Quote