View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007, 04:59 PM   #7
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Neutralize Enhancement Idea: Dispelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald B
How about going from Static (Magic) instead? Turning on Static with Area Effect should kill off any ongoing spells in the area; adding a per second fatigue cost makes it switchable and inconvenient to use for anything more than a quick dispelling.
Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way, using the rules as written, to make a single-target dispel ability from Static without using Area-Effect and Selective Area - that's pretty pricey, particularly if you're tacking on Ranged as well to be able to dispel at a distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harald B
You'll usually want to add Resistable, though omitting it makes for an interestingly powerful tool. Discriminatory is interesting for targeted dispells.
And all of this is without moving away from the raw.
However, I feel it's rather more expensive that strictly justified. When building a dispel power, I wanted several things:
a) A resistable advantage - I dislike automatic dispels, they're hard on players.
b) An advantage capable of targeting others - that way, you don't have to pay for a further enhancement to make it capable of affecting other targets.
c) An advantage with a duration - paying extra to make the cancelation effect last longer is also annoying.
For these reasons, Neutralize was a better choice for my purposes than Static.

Last edited by Kelly Pedersen; 03-16-2007 at 05:16 PM.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote