View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 09:58 PM   #5
Kelly Pedersen

Default Re: Neutralize Enhancement Idea: Dispelling

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmetahuman
I'm not sure that Dispelling Only should be -50%. An awful lot of abilities are "only affects the user" types (invisibility, DR, permeation, ST bonus, etc. etc.), and Dispel versus those would seem to be just as useful as Neutralize.
That's a fair point, and one I hadn't considered. However, given that normal Neutralize will cancel all of a character's abilities with one roll, I'd say it's not too unbalanced at -50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmetahuman
Just to be sure I'm following you, here - Neutralize (Dispelling Only) targeted at a character with Invisibility and Burning Attack (each with power modifiers that make them vulnerable to Neutralize) would negate the invisibility, but not the ability to make the burning attack, right?
Pretty much, yeah. Mind you, if the Invisibility is Switchable, then the target could just turn it on again - essentially, each activation of a switchable ability counts as a "new" instance of the power for purposes of dispelling.
Also, you could dispel someone's Burning Attack - you'd just have to a) take a Wait action to interrupt it, and b) either be hit by it, or have Ranged applied to your Neutralize.
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote