View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 03:02 PM   #1
Kelly Pedersen

Default Neutralize Enhancement Idea: Dispelling

Just something I thought up, and I thought I'd toss it out to see what people think.

This is a special enhancement for the Neutralize advantage, from Powers.
Dispelling: In addition to negating others' ability to use powers, you can also negate the effects of those powers.
You must touch, or be within the area of the effect you want to dispel in order to affect it. Touching the target of an effect, such as Mind Control, counts as touching the effect for purposes of dispelling it. If there are multiple effects with the same source on a target, and you have the Precise enhancement as well, you can choose specific effects to dispel or to leave unaffected. Dispelling has no effect on the originator of an effect, aside from any effect that the removal of the ability might have.
Make a Quick Contest of Will with the originator of the effect, as normal. If you win, the effect is dispelled, ceasing to exist or to have its effect (although permanent effects it has already caused, such as damage, remain). If the effect was switchable, then it is dispelled completely - the user must reactivate it to regain its benefit. If the effect was one that is normally always on, or a transient ability with a duration of "permanent", then it remains dispelled for a number of minutes equal to your margin of success. If the effect was transient, it remains dispelled for a number of minutes equal to your margin of success, which counts against the power's duration - if you dispel a transient ability for longer than its remaining duration, it is completely dispelled, and the user must use it again to regain its benefit. If there are multiple effects on one target, make a separate Quick Contest for each one.
This enhancement is incompatible with the Derange limitation. +50%

Dispelling Only: As per Dispelling, above, but you can only dispel effects - you cannot Neutralize someone's powers, only the effects of those powers. -50%

So, what do people think?
Kelly Pedersen is offline   Reply With Quote