View Single Post
Old 10-14-2022, 02:04 PM   #18
JulianLW

Default Re: [MH] Using Alternative Abilities for Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
I am aware of that. But different GMs will run it differently, hence my broader answer.

Chinese Elemental Powers did not use or if I recall correctly even mention alternative abilities. I feel each element should have had it as an option and if I had been in that playtest I would have suggested to the author to give each ability to prices the full one and one if used as an alternative ability and made a paragraph explaining using them as alternative abilities.
I saw that lack as a major weakness of the book, every ability at full price makes them pretty expensive.
Chinese Elemental Powers also included a Chinese Elemental Talent for 10 points/level that functioned as a talent for any of the elements. I agree that in a game with Magery and/or Sorcery, Chi abilities, or other power modifiers, that a source talent for all psionic powers, Psionic -10%, is totally legitimate - maybe with an Unusual Background - and I'd put the talent at 10/level. Anything higher, and you'd probably be better off buying up IQ. I'm pretty sure this has been discussed on the Forum before.
JulianLW is offline   Reply With Quote