View Single Post
Old 10-14-2022, 01:52 PM   #17
Refplace

Default Re: [MH] Using Alternative Abilities for Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
In Monster Hunter, all Psychic powers have the Psionic power modifier, all Bioenhancement powers have the Bioenhancement power modifier and all the Mysticism powers have the Mysticism power modifier.
I am aware of that. But different GMs will run it differently, hence my broader answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
Not only there is magic in the setting but that magic is RPM, which is extremely versatile. And Monster Hunter is also compatible with Chinese Elemental Powers, which is used by a specific template, the Xia [400 points] from Pyramid Magazine #3/70, which seems to be compatible with Alternative Abilities, even for powers from different elements.
Chinese Elemental Powers did not use or if I recall correctly even mention alternative abilities. I feel each element should have had it as an option and if I had been in that playtest I would have suggested to the author to give each ability to prices the full one and one if used as an alternative ability and made a paragraph explaining using them as alternative abilities.
I saw that lack as a major weakness of the book, every ability at full price makes them pretty expensive.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote