View Single Post
Old 01-13-2021, 08:59 PM   #389
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

OOC: After the lunch, the moment they are walking alone, Pacifica asks to Nejora (privately):

IC: Hey Nejora, you said you gonna stab the <explicative> "dredstrummers"... You got a "shiv" or what? Because that would be really cool. Once I heard of a soldier that took a great number of enemies with his survival knife; he ran into the forest and took them down one by one.

Pacifica (acting w/Nejora):
3d6 <= 15
5 + 3 + 6 = 14 ... success

Pacifica's fast-talk (Nejora):
3d6 <= 13
3 + 5 + 2 = 10 ... success

OOC: She tries to find out if Nejora has a knife. Pacifica spices her comments and interest on knives by describing something akin to the iconic scene of Rambo “hunting” cops in the forest. After this she continues the day as normal (well, depending on what you say).

Pacifica eventually takes the suggestions (and the official procedures) to put together a plan to "catch a Dreadstormer". She presents said plan to her colleagues during next day’s lunch time.

This is the "traps" roll for, I picked traps because she takes the ideas of others and makes a plan, including her own ideas. I also took a savoir-faire (military) roll, to include (and prevent violations) in regard of the official procedures.

Pacifica (traps):
3d6 <= 12
6 + 2 + 1 = 9 ... success

Pacifica's Savoir-Faire (Military):
3d6 <= 14
2 + 3 + 4 = 9 ... success

She suggests that "the team" (i.e. Pacifica's lunch time group) should take the presented approach instead of "improvising". She elaborates on the value of a "support network", something that must be established among "the team". Having information and a plan will help the effectiveness of response under "unexpected situations" (or so Pacifica explains).

Here I take the "administration" roll and a "fast-talk" roll. The administration part is to back her presentation and to elaborate on risk assessment and sell the idea of the "support network". Fast-talk is there if you require an influence roll.

Pacifica's Administration:
3d6 <= 14
2 + 3 + 1 = 6 ... success

Pacifica's fast-talk (Table):
3d6 <= 13
5 + 2 + 6 = 13 ... success

The goal: Having the guys at the table act as beacons of information for Pacifica, her exposition sense will help her sort the information effectively. And, if they happen to spot a real Dreadstormer, she will have a better sense of their actions.

During the lunch she makes small pauses to eat, and gives them a chance to make an exchange of opinions (about the presentation) and perhaps pick "unwanted food" from her colleagues. Acting will serve to let others think Pacifica feels sort of sick after the lunch, just in case she needs a cover for the "meeting day" with the Dread Stormers.

Pacifica (Acting):
3d6 <= 15
4 + 4 + 4 = 12 ... success