View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #261
jason taylor

Default Re: 'Imperial Culture' (non-canonista)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Rancke-Madsen View Post
Good one[*]. You ought to put it on the Traveller Wiki. Or permit me to do it, if you don't want to do it yourself.
[*] And completely canon-compatible too! ;-)
Why would it be impossible to maintain an Imperium-wide publication? Or are you saying it's highly impractical to maintain one single publication for the whole Imperium? I agree completely if it's the second, but I don't see why the head office couldn't maintain an Imperium-wide publication and the sector offices sector-wide publications, as well. Probably mostly a "best of" assembly of articles drawn from the 'daughter' and 'granddaughter' publications.

EDIT: No, not 'granddaughter'. The editor of the Capital EE wouldn't have time to read 300-odd subsector publications. And he'd probably consider anything that the sector editors didn't pick up on to be of little interest.

What does 'Forkost Bistand' mean? Is it Icelandic?

Hans
The second

And Forkost Bistand just comes from the Swordie glossary given in SW. It just means Ships of Help or something like that. And Forkost should have been spelled Farkost.

And you can put it in Traveller wiki if you want. It might of course turn out to be different from what I had in mind but I don't mind(as long as nothing below PG-rating creeps in to the article without my permission which is hardly likely) and I only had vague ideas anyway. If you do write such an article please tell me and give me a link.

Last edited by jason taylor; 12-10-2011 at 10:44 AM.
jason taylor is online now   Reply With Quote