View Single Post
Old 12-31-2020, 01:11 PM   #4
Apollonian

Default Re: Has anyone considered playing on Loren'dil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
According to Banestorm:

Allowing for some hyperbole, I imagine that the average tree is some 100 feet in diameter at the base and reaches about 1,000 feet high. This is about four times as large as the largest redwood trees. The largest trees would be five to ten times larger and weigh millions of tons. When such a tree falls it would be accompanied by a minor earthquake...

Races include halflings, giants, minotaurs and centaurs. The halflings live in the forests - presumably each tribe claims a tree and defends it from all other tribes. The other races live on the plains where the more civilized centaurs face the barbaric minotaurs and the savage giants heads-on.

So how would you run adventures on Loren'dil?
Eh... I'd probably set up some big campaign arc about a necromantic blight afflicting the trees and the quests to figure out how to stop it. Given my players, they'd be a mix of halflings and centaurs. Probably have the blight be a false-flag operation conducted by someone trying to spark a war between the woodsfolk and the plainsfolk for Reasons.

Also might lean into the colossal trees bit and go with actual mountain-sized trees, and use a couple of them as living cities for the halflings. I like my fantasy to be pretty fantastic sometimes.

Last edited by Apollonian; 12-31-2020 at 01:17 PM.
Apollonian is offline   Reply With Quote