View Single Post
Old 12-31-2016, 12:44 AM   #4
Hide

Default Re: Estimating aggressive parry damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
Brawling and Karate damage bonuses don't stack. You get one or the other depending on which skill you use.

Anyways, your Aggressive Parry damage is:

1d+1 (Basic Thrust) -4 (Aggressive Parry) = 1d-3 plus any damage bonus based on the skill you're using. So with a Brawling bonus it would be 1d-2 or alternatively a maxed Karate bonus would bring it up to 1d-1.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
Brawling and Karate bonus to damage do not stack. Use one or the other, depending on which skill you use to attack, never both at the same time.

With that being said, Aggressive Parry does thr-4 + 2/die for a Karate parry or +1/die for a Brawling parry. For this character, that is 1d-1 cr for Karate and 1d-2 cr for Brawling.

There is no need for you to worry about the thr-2 with -1 per die, as you don't do multiple dice of damage so the thr-4 will always be lower and thus the version to use.
Oh, I see!

And what happens if I have "Skill Adaptation: Karate damage bonus to Brawling"? Are my bonuses going to stack?

I thought those bonuses could stack because a martial artist may mix the knowledge & training of all his fighting skills into his resulting attacks; for the purpose of skill adaptation, do I relinquish the brawling bonuses?

Thank you!

Last edited by Hide; 12-31-2016 at 01:04 AM.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote