View Single Post
Old 02-08-2016, 10:23 PM   #8
Railstar

Default Re: MMA Techniques and Combinations

One of my favourite complicated moves I saw was from an assassin who was suddenly confronted by an armoured swordsman: using a hidden weapon, Fast-Draw, and Targeted Attack (Thrown Knife/Face) done just as the armoured swordsman got within 2 yards.

As the guy rushes in, thrown knife to the face… where he has no armour, with his defence lowered by the hidden weapon (-2 all) and the thrown knife being a small weapon (-1 Parry), and with a fair chance of the impaling damage to the face causing a major wound. Guy rushes in thinking his lightly equipped target was easy prey and instantly falls over with a knife in his face, whereupon she immediately kept stabbing for the face again and again and again while he was stunned…

It was certainly flavourful, and I loved it because it made short work of a heavily armoured guy despite the assassin not bringing the weapons for such a fight.

The other thing she did with a lot of flavour to it was use Brawling/Bite a lot, although it might not fit your fighting style. Though I should mention Brawling/Bite to the hand can be pretty nasty, and while Brawling/Bite to groin has no special rules advantage I would probably say it calls for a fright check!

Other general stuff, these are more techniques than combination:

Staff swing to hand (=fast way to disarm).

Staff Slam to groin (=doubled shock penalties affect their DX check to avoid falling down).

Sacrifice Throw them face down + Step behind them + Karate/Exotic Hand Strike to neck.

Judo/Arm Lock + Brawling/Knee Strike to groin (no location penalties since you grappled your enemy from the front).

Karate/Axe Kick + Karate/Kick (reduce their defence, makes their retreat less reliable).

Karate/Axe Kick + Staff swing works too, if you can find a bonehead willing to go unarmed against you while you're holding a staff.
Railstar is offline   Reply With Quote