View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 02:41 PM   #8
Not another shrubbery

Default Re: Possession With Extended Duration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Baughn View Post
Costs FP requires paying every minute for an ability with continuing effects. Presumably, the ×3 duration increases the interval at which this needs to be paid, so the initial possession costs 5 FP, then 3 FP per 3 minutes thereafter.
Why on earth you would build the ability like that instead of just giving it a lower FP cost in the first place, I don't know.
I'm fairly confident that that was the idea. I guess he was just trying to model a specific time limit on how long the ghost could possess a target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugaid View Post
Like you, I can't see why it would be built like that if the intention was simply to draw out the FP cost. I think that Hite intended the 5 FP to be a one-time cost but made an error in the method, though of course I can't be certain. How would one go about making a long-term ability like Possession with no ongoing FP cost but give it an initial FP cost to use?
Since it's not intended for use as a PC, I wouldn't worry much about the specifics of the build. If you wanted, you could just rule that they actually have a lower value Costs FP instead as Sam was suggesting.

Regarding an initial ONLY FP cost, I guess it would usually be just a Nuisance Effect, or an Accessibility.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote