View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 09:45 PM   #1
mehrkat

Default Shapeshifting cost too high by RAW trying to think it out

Hi all,

I know how shapeshifting by RAW works. I as Game Master am considering making a change.

15 points per form for zero cost templates sounds about right its the more powerful form cost that is bothersome. For one thing it makes the cost vastly different depending on your race also the extreme difference between a wizard with shapeshift spell and the shapeshift ability. Dungeon Fantasy allies show it really clearly. 7 points for a shift or over 100 points and I know they have to get appropriate magery and a few other spells but thats still around 40 points and still has lots of other utility for it.

I think the issue is basing it on the racial template instead of some other aspect but if you base it on the characters full character points its too much because it makes it too flexible. I'm considering basing it on 1/3rd character points (minus any points spent on shapeshifting) and 1 per 5 points in the template until, you get to characters total points.

The form you are in most is your base form. Morph altered in a similar way.

Just trying to think it out. What is an abuse of this how does it compare to a similar point character?