View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 06:01 AM   #22
Bruno

Default Re: [Powers] Shapeshifting Others

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Yeah. That kinda balances out with toads having fewer predators and better environmental adaptivity. In the short term [because who wants to be either one for long?], the frog form will often be a more useful buff.
It's hard to argue with things like "doesn't require a body of very clean water available on a regular basis to live" and "has toxic skin glands" on a species level, but knowing that the monster that ate you might die in a few hours later is cold comfort to most adventurers, and PCs generally don't plan on being polymorphed into a small amphibian long enough to notice the drying-out problem ;)

I can think of situations where toad forms would be more useful for the PC, but all in all I suspect PCs would get more milage out of "tree frog" or "leopard frog".

Incidentally, I take giant frogs quite seriously after keeping frogs as a kid. They've got big mouths and big stomachs and indiscriminate appetites; you also have to be hardcore to swallow someone and then punch them a few times to subdue them, rather than the other way around... Never mind the classic problem of going to bed with three frogs, and waking up with one, larger frog that isn't very hungry.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote