View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 10:37 PM   #5
Axly Suregrip

Default Re: Spears for throwing

I stick with the rules on ITL pg 65. Everything is carried "in the hands", "on the belt" or "on your back". I do not treat these literally. That is, they are readied, ready for quick access and packed; respectively.

So, "On the Belt" is any weapon that can be readied in one turn in combat. For these two of weight greater than 2.0 lbs is allowed. And upto 4 more of 2.0 lbs or less. For these if they are too large they may be slung across the back but still count as "on the belt" since they were placed to be available. These on across the back would be shield, pole weapons and two handed weapons.

To answer your question, this means I would allow two spears or two javelins to be "on the belt" ready to be drawn. If the players wants, I would allow one more in each hand. Thus one ready to throw and 3 more almost ready.

And if they want more tied to a pack, then I would allow unlimited ones in the pack. These, as per pg 65, would take 4 turns to remove from the pack after 2 turns to remove the pack from your back. Or a friend pulls them from your pack for 4 turns a piece without having to spend turns removing the pack.
Axly Suregrip is offline   Reply With Quote