View Single Post
Old 09-28-2020, 02:58 PM   #984
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaltonS View Post
I noticed the most recent release contained an updated version of the SpaceshipsOptionalRules.pdf file but when I looked it was still labeled RC29.
If I update the rules I'll update the cover sheet and the RC on the cover. So, no, I haven't actually updated the Optional Rules PDF since the RC29 version of it.

Quote:
Oh, this is weird. When I imported my saved ships to the "Unofficial Ships" sheet of the RC31 version and loaded my Martian “Gas” Station the "Calculate Troop Strength" option was off as it should be, but when I clicked the "Hide Unused Rows" checkbox it was turned on. Huh?
Ugh, not necessarily weird. I just found another bug with the Troop Strength that would hose my last fix if you Reset the Design Table. Meaning when I prepped the ship for release, and it Reset the Design Table, it undid my fix. Which is probably why it was bugged in the first place, because it undid what I thought I had fixed way back when.

Quote:
So basically create a template ship (not a dummy, we have to be smart about this ;) ) with all the Design Switches & Features and Campaign Settings preset but no systems or size defined (setting the TL and the name should be okay) and save it? Makes sense. I was thinking that the Campaign Setting was an independent entity from the ship but I guess it doesn't have to be if a template can be used. Just have to remember to save the template with the focus on the Design Table so that will appear when I reload it and change the name and SM immediately after that.
Campaign Settings can be shared between multiple Design Tables (which you can copy off by hitting the Add Design Table button in the top right of the Design Table). This can allow you to have multiple ships open sharing the same Campaign Options. Ultimately, though, the Campaign Options must be saved with the ship so that the ship can reload them when it is loaded. This means that, technically, any ship can be used as a "Campaign Template" by loading it and deselecting everything except the Campaign Options. You wanted to set some of the Ship Options, Design Features & Switches, though, which makes it more practical to create an entirely separate ship with the Campaign Options & Ship Options preset.

So I've just pushed RC32 to fix the other bug with Troop Strength. I'm not going to post a new Release message though, instead I'm just going to go back and edit the RC31 message since this is a relatively minor change.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote