View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 11:25 AM   #12
Otaku

Default Re: How would YOU build them?!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
They are in what's probably the early middle of the invasion of Eenie's Lobby. I don't know the number but Luffy's likely halfway through beating up the first of CP9. Also, 2 members of CP9 just ate Devil Fruit but we don't know yet what they got.

I google one piece Garp and It looks like he hasn't appeared yet in the dubs. We also missed the later parts of the Skypeia arc. There was a gap between where Toonami left off and where it picked back up.
Thanks for clarifying; that's the downside of something that can have four distinct, current "followings" (Cartoon Network versus home release versus broadcast/streaming versus manga) plus things like the 4Kids dub. It can really, really change how one would stat up these characters.

For the record Hunter X Hunter has the manga, the 1999-2001 animé series + OVAs, and lastly the 2011-2014 series, which had two theatrical releases that I have not seen. The former, likely because of releasing when the manga was much newer, includes non-canonical content to help pad out its run, while the the latter stays much closer to the manga, though it did move at least one event around (from the reader's perspective, anyway). Can't speak for the fidelity of its ending, either, as I didn't get that far in the manga.

Fairy Tail can even be a bit confusing because it has the core manga and some spin offs. While its the same production studio (or at least one of them is the same) with the same VAs and the storyline clearly continues from one to the other, technically the "main" animé for Fairy Tail are two separate series (there was about a nine month gap between the two is all). There are also some OVAs.
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote