View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
Nymdok

Default Re: HELP!!! Im a newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grom View Post
I am new to the GURPS scene and am writing a scenario for my friends to go on, what I need to know is :--------
When I create an NPC, what stats do I need at hand for quick access (I.E. combat etc), or do I have to go through the whole character creation thing for each NPC and have them all at hand.
I would greatly appreciate any help
Only record stats for NPCs to the level of their interaction and the likelihood that it will come up.

'named' NPCs or NPCs that will play a very interactive role with the PCs require more rigorous write up.

For example, the merchant that sells them gear might only have a name and a single skill

Hegrik - Sells arms and armor. Proffessional, but not particularly friendly.
Merchant(13).

The merchant that sells them gear and is willing to adventure and engage in combat alongside them will likely require a Stat block of the kind seen in DF2 or in this thread.

A merchant that will sell gear, adventure actively with the charachters long term, and about whom a particular adventrue or campaign is centered may even call for a full charachter sheet, but RARELY is this ever neccesarry.

To speed up build times for NPCS, use templates as a guide. There is a stickied thread at the top of this forum that lists all of them and what book they are found in. It is not necesary that you use the entire template. Just use what you need of it and feel free to adjust it to whats appropriate.

Nymdok
Nymdok is offline   Reply With Quote