View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #9
Captain-Captain

Default Re: HELP!!! Im a newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grom View Post
I am new to the GURPS scene and am writing a scenario for my friends to go on, what I need to know is :--------
When I create an NPC, what stats do I need at hand for quick access (I.E. combat etc), or do I have to go through the whole character creation thing for each NPC and have them all at hand.
I would greatly appreciate any help
Stat Blocks work. Frankly my method is unimportant characters have 12s in any appropriate skill for them to have, and a 13 in their most important Attribute, maybe.

Important NPCs have a couple of good numbers.

Critically important ones are written up.

Ads and Disads? Simple test. Is it appropriate for the character? This question is usually asked when the situation calls for it and I'll either roll on the spot or make a mental coin flip. Yes, one of the guards would have combat reflexes. No, there is nothing special about his armor.

If you're going to all that worry about NPC write ups, you're likely to be making a mistake most newbies make: Trying to apply every rule in the book to the game you're playing.

Don't. New players should play a simple combat. Add details if the players want to use them. All shots are torso shots UNTIL the players start making called shots.. More complex combat rules than dallede shots shouldn't be used until you're comfortable with the simplified game.
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote