View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 11:17 PM   #43
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice (OCC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
Ericthered, any feedback on my character? (Edited the sheet to add a couple quirks, plus Fast-Draw skills.)
I've been looking at it, and it looks solid.

As far as optimization goes, bumping IQ and Per in exchange for lowering skills may be a good idea -- but its close enough the wildcard points might make keeping it as is worth it.

He's missing knowledge of the law, which he would be expected to have.

He's missing the note of his status with the supernatural community: knowledgeable, access, or inducted.

I could use info on what the nightmares look like: does it involve personal trauma, or someone elses? Is it about something that already has happened, something he fears will happen, or fantastic fears that probably won't happen (ancient horrors beyond modern ken)?

You still need to fill out the required character background:

Quote:
How they are connected to the supernatural world
A list of family and friends. This need not be long, nor represented on the sheet as anything else.
What they do for work, including basic location and setting if its a company, and if they are self employed how they find new work.
Where they live -- house, appartment, pocket dimension, ect.
The connection could use some expounding (does he just fight it, or is he an active member of the supernatural?)

His basic work situation has been described, but I'd like to know where he is in the pecking order, and what his associates and bosses think of him. Is he the loon put on things no one is ever going to solve? Or is he a valued asset who solves the impossible but happens to be a little loony? does anyone believe him? Perhaps a few former partners who swore off hunting down any more of the weird cases but know he's right?

Matrix Walker, I meant the sheer speed perk. sorry

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 01-05-2015 at 11:31 PM.
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote