View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 05:48 PM   #13
PK

Default Re: Transmogrification (RPM)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalillama View Post
Right, or Verdant Growth or Wallwalker. But in the section on costs, it notes that adding disadvantages is 1 energy per -5 points of point value. So I would expect that turning someone into an animal that has a -71 point template, would add 15 energy, as Altered Traits:Weasel Template or whatever.
Nope. The point of a Transform turning a person into, let's say, an animal is that it turns them into a baseline version of that animal. They get whatever the stats for that animal are. You'd only need to use Altered Traits if you wanted to add additional advantages, disadvantages, or attribute modifiers to that template (e.g., a "winged cheetah" would need another 30 points worth of Altered Traits, unless winged cheetahs were something that already existed in your game).

Quote:
In that case, why are there rules for Altered Traits adding disadvantages at all?
For spells that cause blindness, hemophilia, etc.

Quote:
turning someone into a frog is a classic curse, and a powerful one. It seems odd to me that it costs the same amount of energy as turning someone into say, a dog, which sucks but allows considerably to be accomplished while you are one.
Presumably, the "frog" spell is a straightforward curse, while the "dog" spell is the kind of thing you might cast on yourself or an ally in some situations, a foe in other situations. But they're still doing the same basic thing -- "turning the subject into this specific animal" -- so they have the same energy cost and difficulty.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote