View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 01:05 AM   #49
Plane

Default Re: Magery as an improvable advantage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Leviathan View Post
Magery is an aptitude. If you have it you're adept, not skilled, not trained, not experienced. It is described in the same terms as a Talent, and I don't allow players to develop talents by simply wanting to be talented and spending XP. In a word with magic you can certainly change yourself to have different aptitudes. Get infected with a demonic parasite, or make a pact with a dark entity or simply make a great wish. But you are changing the things about you the govern your aptitude, not putting your nose in a spell book and making the grade, that's how you get higher spell levels or perhaps how you raise your IQ.
Having TK 1 or TK 2 might be considered aptitudes yet I think in theory a psi can train their advantage up from TK1 to TK2.

Not necessarily purely a book-learning thing, but then neither are a lot of skills like combat where I think it's assumed you're doing some hands-on feeling-out in addition to theory.

That's part of the appeal of EE modelling since the FP spending is like experimenting with volatile magical energies not book theory.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote