View Single Post
Old 11-03-2014, 08:10 PM   #21
BraselC5048

Default Re: Penalty for for having to shoot down a tube?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
I would just subtract the bullet diameter from the target diameter.
And would that increased modifier count against the 22+2x Acc limit? (Hopefully not? It's a low Acc weapon.)

Humm, dawned on me that the distance from edge of the bullet, if centered in the target area, to the edge of the bullet, if exactly on the edge of the target area, is always half the width of the target area. I don't know how I was counting it before, but it cut the "safe distance" of how close you can place a bullet to something you don't want to hit roughly in half.

Going back to the "down the tube shot:" He's got DX based skills high enough to make a skill roll at -7 to line it up, essentially the 2" size modifier for the area needed for the weapon to be in with +2 for a round target, and OK odds at -9 if the +2 for a round target doesn't apply. Would a DX/skill roll to "line it up" work that way?

Also, without the +3 for speed and range being known precisely (I was wrong about that), that drops the non-combat modifiers to just +5. If the "lining it up" penalty is -5 or less to the shot on top of size/range, he's good, but if it's any higher, the odds go south quickly.

-5 penalty, more, less, nothing but included in the DX based roll?
BraselC5048 is offline   Reply With Quote