Thread: Rusting Ability
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 06:51 AM   #6
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)
Default Re: Rusting Ability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
The thing is, as the ability is described in classic D&D, the object just falls to pieces, instantly. That seems to be more a matter of Transmutation than of a Corrosive attack which may need multiple hits. Also, it's an attack, not a passive ability. And I included Copper because I wanted bronze weapons to be affected as well. Yes, in real life copper doesn't oxidates deeply, but in real life there aren't dragons...

Still it's good to know that the same ability can be built multiple ways in GURPS...
Well, D&D operates on different premises than GURPS. If you need to turn things into rust faster, replace Fragile(Brittle) with Fragile (Unnatural), and/or add more points of damage. As for making it an activated attack, instead of an always on aura, remove Always On and Aura. I personally don't like that, as it's nonsensical IMHO. In fact, by the RAW (if I remember the RAW correctly) undead and other creatures that have energy drain abilities only apply them on specific attacks, so you could grapple it and as long as it did not hit you, it would not drain you, even if you were in full contact. These beings ought to be dangerous to touch!

Now, the thing about working instantly, if there was an iron castle, the size of an US navy carrier, would they rust it instantly? (I know that your build is limited by the level of create) Mine would slowly erode it, until it fell to pieces.

Oh, and check the edited version, that always does 10 points of corrosion damage. It will always reduce DR by 1.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote