View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 09:08 AM   #22
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
As Vic elaborates about the road to The Caves, Bain pulls a map from his bag and a compass:

Look at this, mates, according to Vic this is the path we should take. It seems we are almost good to go with our gear.

At the moment I would suggest we buy a wheelbarrow* (for carrying the loot and our gear), the group basics ($50) and maybe a big tent (for 4 persons, it is $160 with its two poles). In total that is $ 210, plus 16 to 20 rations (for about a week of delving) … so $ 250.

How many rations (meals) do you have?
How much can you spend?
Right now, it is approximately $ 60 per head, with the four of us.

And Gathika, we could lower the costs with your aid.

This is not written in stone, so tell me what you think.
I think we can save money if we put all of the food together, to begin with.

I have 2 elven rations, good for 6 meals (almost a week). And personally, I would like to buy some arrows ($ 40), We might need some cloth and oil in case we require a torch (but that might be included in the group basics, oil and cloth). By the way, this map and this mapping kit I just got are worth $150.

*Basic Set p.289, it is $60 and it holds 350 lbs. the load is divided by 5.

Telrith looks over the map:

"The caves are set in the walls of a canyon. There's a pecking order of sorts: the more powerful your tribe, the higher up the canyon your caves are. That means we'll want to come in at the canyon floor. Eventually we'll want some rope and climbing gear for taking on the caves, but for now we should be safe just assaulting the bottom caves."

"I ... um... am a little short on cash at the moment. I've got 40 copper pennies and no rations, no camping gear. I could sell off some paut if we need to, but if someone would spot me a little, that'd be nice. I'd pay you back as soon as we got some loot!"

"Do we have any light magic? that'd be nice to have."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote