View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 03:54 AM   #9
Phantasm

Default Re: Which of these technologies would be the HARDESt for a scientist in Star Wars to

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
The only firm rule I can remember ever hearing is "No Jedi Wookiees." Apparently, one of the novels introduced one, he didn't like it (for whatever random reason), and he declared that anything with a Wookiee Jedi was non-canon.

Of course, the personal preferences of George Lucas now have zero bearing on what is and isn't canon.
And then Clone Wars gave us a Wookiee Padawan (though by that time it was very unlikely the cub survived Order 66).

The only thing that appears to be a no-no is "never give Yoda's species a name or homeworld", even with additional members of Yoda's species out there in various works (including Master Yaddle on the Jedi Council in The Phantom Menace). No clue if The Mandalorian is going to give us additional clues with Baby Yoda's starring role.

As for what the Force cannot do, I don't think there was ever any limitations Lucas himself declared. Time travel has been an unspoken thing in the past, but there are cases in the EU and season 4 of Rebels where that happened, albeit under highly unique circumstances.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is online now   Reply With Quote