View Single Post
Old 01-16-2019, 10:58 AM   #42
Daigoro

Default Re: [GAME] Incorporate a Cyberpunk Megacorp

I had to get out from under a heavy deadline which is why I had to hit pause on my contributions. I've got notes on a bunch of questions though, so I'll try to get them out in reader-friendly format bit-by-trit.
----
Quote:
Originally Posted by (E) View Post
Question 42 [CTY]
What city or location in this setting deserves a bit more focus? Mentioned so far are Copacobana, Mu-sigma and the New Caribbean Archipelago, there is no need to be limited to these however.
I already had something else outlined, so I'm going to skip Mu-Sigma for the time being. Also, other cities mentioned include the La Paz Perla Andina arcology and Santa Domingo.

Answer 42a) - Mu-Sigma

Answer 42b) - Isla de Monte Carlo
Situated in the New Caribbean Archipelago, Isla de Monte Carlo is a TIO-operated medi-tech oriented sovereign-corporate city, built on floating carbon-fixed concrete landmass leased from Morgan Oceanic on a 99-year term, and dedicated as a memorial to the annihilated city of its namesake.

It is shaped like a pie wedge with a bite taken out of the tip - this is the bay. Between the bay and the escarpment is a mostly faithful replica of Monaco, taking up about a fifth of the island's overall 10 sq km area, as it appeared at the height of its 1950's glory. Then jutting up from the top of the escarpment, and extending to most of the rest of the island, stands a forest of gleaming ice-blue skyscrapers comprising one of the world's highest concentrations of medical facilities. Finally, along the outward arc of the pie-wedge is the city's transport and civil infrastructure - airport facilities, docks and cruise terminals, warehouses, food production, water and waste treatment, light industrial zones and power production.

The city was designed as a planned-integrated concept from the start. Medical clients would arrive from around the world, undergo their treatments of choice or necessity, then spend their recuperation time and excess credit on the pebble beaches, at the baccarat tables or around the grand prix circuit.

The original concept generally still applies, although now there a large portion of visitors who are only interested in enjoying the glamour, elegance and decadence of the original city's golden era, with body-engineered doubles of Grace Kelly and Frank Sinatra strolling the streets, re-enactments of Prince Rainier's and Princess Grace's royal wedding, or street circuit racing - both from historic eras and modern Formula Z. Alternately, the visitors are on a more limited corporate budget and are whisked straight from the clinic back to their waiting ion jets almost as soon as their surgeons have downed scalpels.

The medical facilities run the gamut - biotech, cybernetics, trauma surgery, searing edge research, pharma-tech, medical-nano, palliative, reproductive, rejuvenative and regenerative. One third or so are TIO-branded operations or subsidiaries, another third are independent private facilities or represent other megacorps, and the remainder are funded by various foreign governments, universities and militaries who want their personnel to be at the beating epicentre of medical science. There is also the bonus that they can carry out a fair deal of extremely experimental, and not necessarily ethical, research without greatly restrictive oversight.

----

Question 47 [STG]
What happened to the original Monaco for it to be referred to in the past tense?

Question 48 [CTY]
Who is the Executive Governing Officer of Isla de Monte Carlo?

Question 49 [CTY]
What is the premiere private cybernetics clinic on Isla de Monte Carlo?
And heaps of forum collabs, 30+ and counting!

Last edited by Daigoro; 01-26-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Daigoro is offline   Reply With Quote