View Single Post
Old 01-08-2019, 01:59 AM   #55
Icelander

Default Re: [MH] Caribbean by Night

And, oh, ericthered, do you have suggestions for who would play Danny Daniels and Zamal Juman, if this were a movie or TV series?

Acting ability not actually relevant. I just like to find a photo of some person online to 'cast' as NPCs (and PCs, actually, though I'll expect players to handle that), illustrating what they look like. For obvious reasons, I'll often pick actors, often character actors I recall having seen in a role somewhat similar, but if I come across a picture that works, I might cast an unknown ad model as an important character, just because the look fit exactly. After all, it's not as if anyone other than yours truly is going to be portraying the characters, complete with atrocious accents.

Anyone else on the forums, if you're reading and interested, I still need names, short descriptions and background blurbs, with maybe a casting suggestion, for more shooters, ranging from former Navy or Coast Guard crew members who double as security to full-time bodyguards with SOF backgrounds to two or three 'special' Monster Hunters.

These last will probably be truly outstanding operators from a Tier One SMU, like CAG/Delta or DEVGRU/SEAL Team Six, only recently retired and still in operational condition. They'll also have experience with the occult and very strong Will or other relevant traits, to resist the Facade, monsters, magic, stress and psychological trauma. Perhaps they'll be a little older, with their military skills ievitably suffering without the resources of SOCOM to keep to a proper training schedule, but instead have even more experience of the occult and the tricks of the monster hunting trade.

Alternatively, one or two shooters might also have some actual mystical gifts that help with monster hunting, though the PCs pretty much cover the role of mystical superheroes in the hunter team.

Last edited by Icelander; 01-08-2019 at 07:10 AM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote