View Single Post
Old 01-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #46
Icelander

Default Need Some Shooters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
I love it when a plan comes together. /Hannibal

That's a fantastic bit of coincidence. I really do love it when one finds something that just slots into current play perfectly.
It is pretty lovely.

Now I just need to name and detail the PCs' fellow Monster Hunters, who've been on Christmas vacation with their families, but at least some of whom will be summoned home early because of the kidnapping of young Alice Talbot, the research assistant and assistant librarian aboard the Penemue.

Whether she's the ultimate target or the attack was aimed at Kessler or his active hunters, through a perceived 'soft' support member of the crew, is unclear. Nevertheless, Kessler and his steward/valet/butler/bodyguard/right hand, Jean-Michel Alexandre, have lit a fire under the few members of the crew who spent the holidays aboard, with Mr. Alexandre also calling every shooter within a wide radius of Galveston and offering them a New Year's bonus for coming in four days early and spending New Year's aboard.

So, I'll need names, descriptions and backgrounds for some dozen deck crew and security personnel, with maybe the four most remarkable of them being actual Monster Hunters, as opposed to the mostly retired Navy and Coast Guard men who handle things aboard the Penemue.

From your post, as well as a kind email suggesting names I received, I'm thinking one of them shall have the first name Hannibal, named by parents who were fans of the A-Team. That would mean someone in his early to mid-thirties, a logical age for a former SOF operator who recently retired from the military to take up a more lucrative position.

For practical reasons, Kessler prefers former Navy, Marines or Coast Guard members for security aboard the Penemue, but he'll need one or more Special Forces operators with a Caribbean culture specialization for the active hunter team. Former members of the Navy SEALs, Coast Guard MSRT and the USMC MARSOC are especially prized, of course, as is anyone with the skill set and experience in providing support to special operations personnel.

Anyone feel like suggesting a name, background and brief description of some shooters, either ones hard enough to be a full part of the PCs' Monster Hunter away team or at least someone who'll be part of the security team aboard Penemue?

If any posters volunteer, I can make fictionalised tough guy versions of you or anyone you know.

Last edited by Icelander; 01-07-2019 at 10:10 AM.
Icelander is offline   Reply With Quote