Thread: Silly Cars
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 05:12 PM   #2
Racer

Default Re: Silly Cars

They have a CA Framed , Gas Powered , Ramplated , Div 30 'Racing' Sub in Vehicle Guide 3 . Top Speed of only 112.5 Mph and with FPRP Armour , we regarded it's inclusion in that book as a joke .

Your designs are fine for what they are . Swap around the Armour a bit - Top needs only 10pts or so unless you've a turret or playing in multiple level Arena . Same goes for Underbody , as 13-15pts is probably all you need unless your always running over mines .
Flameclouds are only weapons to regularly hit both those Facings at once & they're uncommon in Arena combat . Most you'll normally face is odd FCGS attacks & they run out of ammo very quickly .

I've got a design for a $30K Compact with a Guass Gun & Plasticore Tyres . I'll see if I can dig it out & post it .

Silliest design I can recall from early days of CW was a Van with a Turreted ATG and no Armour . More recently any of the $30K Motorcycles or $40K Subcompacts on Combat Garage Stock Vehicles can be dismissed as ridiculous , except when posted purely for comedic value . My bright yellow Paint Gun armed 'Bananamobile' Rev Trike for example ...