View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 12:29 PM   #22
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: Starting a Campaign, help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymdok View Post
... simply scrying and hijacking major supply shipments, that could add a much needed boost to their production.
Harder than it sounds. The places where major shipments happen are (a) at sea and (b) on the Soviet railway system.

Ships moved in convoys, and you have to mind-control a lot of people for a long time to get a convoy into a German-controlled port. The Soviet railway system didn't run across the front line of the Eastern Front, because the Germans were forced to re-lay it from Russian gauge (4'11.5") to Standard gauge (4'8.5") because they lacked Russian gauge locomotives - the Soviets managed to destroy nearly all the ones they didn't drive away.
Quote:
The blood sacrifice of those that Germany considered undesirable is all at once the creepiest and most brilliantly evil story idea I've read in a while. If there isn't a Weird War II Campaign in there, I don't know where it is...
Deliberately not used by the authors of GURPS WWII: Weird War II; see p57 for their reasons, which seem very sound to me.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote