View Single Post
Old 07-19-2021, 03:12 PM   #41
43Supporter

Default Re: How many Auto Manufacturers are there in NA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
If you pare down your resources it means you can make your biker gangs a bit more hungry too. Bikers armed with SAMs doesn't fit with my image of CW.
[nod] Exactly. Bikers would tend to be "keep it simple" types, as one never knows when one might be getting reloads for one's higher-tech weapons. I picture biker "AA" as looking more like the _Rat Patrol Special_ from _Dueltrack_ -- one of the support pickups with a Ring Mount in the bed with a brace of MGs attached. Far more useful than one-shot SAMs, to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
The closer you stay to the low end of the tech tree, the more victory relies on tactics rather then tooling.
Also true -- and I used it to great effect back-when. The 1,500-lb. CB was useful for obliterating large groups of encamped bikers; for those occasions where the bikers were on the road, Other Tactics were employed. The important feature here is: If something is Expensive, make sure it can be used *many* times, to amortize the cost. :)

(In my writeup for "The Death Of EDSEL", one of the great changes made by EDSEL's leadership is: Swap the Bombs for U-facing HRs -- the rockets don't scatter, and won't take out three lanes of traffic in the process of stopping two duellists; thus obviating one of the major complaints against EDSEL interfering in road duels.)

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote