View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 10:13 AM   #11
JulianLW

Default Re: Dungeon Fantasy Wildcard Skills for Non-Adventures Professions

I just came up with this, because I couldn't find a good Farming! wildcard skill anywhere. It's not exactly what you're looking for in this thread, but I thought it might be a useful addition to a DF-style game, especially if you use the conditional defaults rule. So... is this wildcard too much? or just right?

Farmer! IQ: Animal Handling, Farming, Gardening, Naturalist, and Meteorology. Conditionally covers any skill for running a farm of any size or kind: Accounting, Administration, Current Affairs (Business), Freight Handling, Merchant, and Packing for sales and management; Riding and Teamster for training and using farm animals; Area Knowledge (Local); Biology, Pharmacy (Herbal) and Veterinary; Carpentry, Housekeeping, Machinist, and Mechanics for farm maintenance; Diplomacy, Leadership, and Savoir-Faire (Servant) for dealing with customers, supervisors, and laborers; Cooking; First-Aid, Hiking; Knot-Tying and Lasso.

Edit: There are a lot of skills listed here, but since they're almost ALL IQ-based, I thought it would be legit for a Wildcard. Also, this Wildcard would definitely be appropriate for the 7th Son (unofficial, I think) template.

Last edited by JulianLW; 09-11-2020 at 10:21 AM.
JulianLW is offline   Reply With Quote