View Single Post
Old 06-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #22
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)
Default Re: Pyramid #3/44: Alternate GURPS II

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
Sounds like I may need to do some tweaking before implementing it in-game, especially when it comes to normally FP-powered options like Extra Effort, spells and chi skills (ie, the "powers" most often used in DF-style games). I'm assuming since you made no mention of Energy Reserve that its recovery rules are unchanged, and anything powered by ER should retain its normal energy cost. Abilities powered by FP may either see their cost drop by a factor of roughly 10, or else rise by a factor of 10 as an AP cost. This does leave a precarious middle ground of about 3-5 FP, where it doesn't feel right to charge a whole FP, but 30-50 AP is beyond what can be spent in combat. Hmm... I suspect that there's an appropriate exchange rate somewhere in there, maybe something like 5 AP + 3 AP per FP (since a lot of AP all at once is harder to deal with than the same amount spread over multiple seconds).
While Doug decided that there wasn't space in the article (it's a very long article) for it, I told him while he was writing it that he should have a section on FP-powered abilities. In the end all we got was a note stating that the GM can convert them to APs, and proposes a single ratio (a cost of 1 FP turns to a cost of 10 AP), though making it clear that it's not set in stone. I personally think that the ratio is too punishing, and would feel much more comfortable with a 1:5 FP:AP conversion for costs. Maybe 1:4 conversion.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote