View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 10:49 AM   #1
Nose66

Default Warren "Mook" Wilson in the hospital

Most of you know Warrren "Mook" Wilson... the ever present figure on the Unofficial GURPS Discord and SJG Forums and co-author of "How to be a GURPS GM".

Unfortunately, Mook isn't well. He passed out in his apartment in early January and was taken to the hospital. I talked (or texted) with him every day once I found out, and he was in good sprits, but unable to walk or sit up. They removed 600cc of liquid from below his lungs so that he could breath better... and for a while, he seemed stable.

And then I didn't hear from him for a few days, and then a week. I spent the weekend trying to find contact information for his sister (whom he lives with), and yesterday (Jan 24th), I heard from them.

Mook is currently unconscious, and on a ventilator and dialysis machine. They may know in a few days if he responds to the treatment.

Please pray for him (to whatever god gives you strength).

I will be setting up a GoFundMe for him and will share that, when I know more. EDIT: https://gofund.me/78633c6e

Chris "Nose" Normand

Update Jan 25th: "Mook's blood count and platelets are low again and he is receiving a transfusion of both. His diastolic number is very low so they are going to back off one of his pressures and his sedation. Also one of his pain meds are being dc'd. Today is a waiting time to see how he responds."

Update Jan 26th: Mook passed away at 3:35pm PST in the company of his sister and sister-in-law, Chris and Valerie. The fund will be transferred to his sister, Chris to help defer the costs of the funeral.

Last edited by Nose66; 01-26-2022 at 08:17 PM.
Nose66 is offline   Reply With Quote