View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 10:32 PM   #25
tbone

Default Re: Archery in this game kind of sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
*Very Fine has no mention of a range increase. Obviously, this should be at least +20% (as for Fine), and honestly +50% Range might be appropriate. That price is a doozy though, adding $98 to the cost of each arrow. If you have any, best to keep them for special occasions (and may as well make it Balanced, which only adds $8 to the price). Balanced Fine arrows are fairly readily affordable, however, at only $14 each (as opposed to the $2 each of normal arrows).
BS limits Very Fine to fencing weapons and swords only; is there an added rule somewhere that lets arrows take it for (what appears to be) +49 CF? (Sounds good to me either way.)

Also, I agree that Balanced + Fine is a nice combination for arrows. A few of those, in regular and bodkin versions, are a good thing to have in any quiver.

Added thought for the original poster: I have a modest suggestion online for increasing the bonus from Aim to +1 per second of aiming (max +3), plus Acc. (Restated, that's an extra +1 TH for taking any amount of Aim.)

Doing that isn't a game changer for ranged combat, but I prefer it for a number of reasons. And in the case you present, even a +1 TH might help relieve your archer's frustration. (Well, assuming he actually has time to aim, when facing mysteriously teleporting soldiers...)

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is online now   Reply With Quote