View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 09:32 AM   #333
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Let's make that IQ roll:

The run of bad luck needed to stop somewhere. I really doubt I'll be able to slip anything past Botha (and forcing the pill down her throat is probably too risky). So let's gingerly press for a search:

And now when the pill is discovered, I'll act like I've never seen it before, and suddenly realize that Botha must have planted it on me.

Success by 5. Hopefully the response puts Botha under suspicion.
The NCO searches Hua, and finds the pills. Botha looks triumphant. Hua accuses Botha of planting the pills on her. Botha sneers: why would I do such a thing you dirty little druggie? Search her stuff first!

The NCO conducts a search of Hua's locker and bed, and a few of the neighboring beds. More people are brought in, and Hua's blood is tested. At Hua's insistence, Botha's locker is searched. She looks absolutely shocked when the pills are discovered.

"Those aren't mine. She must have planted them. Take my blood, run it through the test, you'll see... " Botha goes pale. "She drugged me! she slipped the pills into my food or something a few nights ago. I tell you, she's a dreadstormer! look at my record! its perfect! I'd never take opiates!"

Botha seems to recover her composure: "Do with me as you will. But investigate Hua. She's hiding food, and can pick locks and slip pills. She must be."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
passwords
Using her excellent memory, Del Cid starts building up a collection of passwords of those who work close by... some lower rung clerks like herself, but also some of the morale accountants.

Quote:
OOC: Pacifica isn’t trying to annoy Nejora, but I guess that was the most relevant subject at the time.
Pacifica is coming off as a chatter box, and Nejora is sort of a grumpy loner who doesn't like talking about home.

Quote:
OOC: Pacifica also shows Nejora her singing skills:
IC: How do you like this? Says Pacifica (while singing something akin to Diva Plavalaguna’s opera).
Nejora rolls her eyes at the singing, but eventually asks if she must sing could she sing in different style: its more rythmic and staccato, and requires making improvised noises. Its a fairly common Jakorbi style, and Pacifica is familiar with it.

Quote:
IC: (Thinking) I would like to suggest a procedure to reduce food waste while cooking, a circular economy program for the ship, to ease things a bit after the “flour crisis”.

Administration roll to make the suggestions:
Is this about looking good, or about making sure the gluttonous character doesn't have to eat the paste?

Pacifica comes up with a few ways that flour could be conserved in cooking, and looks up a few recommended ways for making the pellets more appetizing by mixing them with other food that will make the food stores last longer.

Her suggestions are well received by her superiors and in the office, but they disappear up the command chain and she's not sure what happened to them.

Quote:
dreadstormer activity has become more and (...)
As dreadstormer activity has become more and more apparent, pacifica has been assigned more and more audits of various systems, as the officers become increasingly paranoid about where the dreadstormers are.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote