View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 06:48 AM   #129
GnomesofZurich

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The initial Delusion is enough to keep him from suspecting Daymar: You need to overcome his reluctance to expose himself to discipline. If he is found abandoned without a buddy, he is in as much trouble as you are. The change needs to be something that makes Pothi willing to potentially sneak off by himself.

A quirk level delusion of "As long as I'm at my job they won't discipline me" might work. As might "You're only in trouble if you get caught", "The buddy system is not a big deal", compulsive risk-taking, Loner, or even sense of duty (Jakorbi). Though that last one could be risky if you don't trust Pothi's ability to keep a secret.

Note: the penalty to mind surgery is cumulative: if you go back and make more edits to Pothi's mind I'll be looking at the total number of edits. Otherwise you can give him -100 in mental traits fairly easily just by coming back again and again. But the existing budget for traits that you have is pretty high as it is.
Okay, then Day will use the Delusion [-5], the full gamut of quirks you suggest ("As long as I'm at my job they won't discipline me", "You're only in trouble if you get caught" and "The buddy system is not a big deal"), and round it out with Sense of Duty (Daymar) [-2]. It shouldn't alter Pothi's behaviours too much, but means he won't question Day's motives too much.

Assuming that all works out, after visiting the stores and requisitioning his broken tool and the entire replacement kit he'll tell Pothi, "[Supervisor name] asked me to get this and drop it off, I'll meet you at the work site. I'll only be a few minutes!"