Thread: Flexibility
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 01:14 AM   #15
MatthewVilter

Default Re: Flexibility

Thank you for all the replies!

I don't know about flexible people automatically being able to retain strength while contorted...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNorthover View Post
The ability to stand up from a foot somewhere around shoulder level, most obviously.
But this does help me visualize a flexible person climbing faster/easier then an inflexible one.

As for the point cost, I do like the idea of Flexibility only canceling penalties. Let's look at how that would work.

Escape: Modern handcuffs give you -5 so Flexibility helps in that case and the fact that dislocating your limb (B192) halves the penalty for secure bonds means that course of action has anti-synergy with Flexibility which that makes sense to me. OTOH I don't think I like the rules for Escape much. -5 for handcuffs seems low to me and if you can slip cuffs I would think you could do it in less then a minute. Moreover if your bonds are not "particularly secure" dislocating your limb won't help you with the RAW but needing to do that seems more tied to your relative ability to succeed then the absolute difficulty of the bounds to me.

Erotic Art: This skill is left pretty abstract so I think I would just say that in any situation where an odd position would be called for you get -x for it being hard and +x for it being so hot. Yeah I think that works okay.

Break free: I would say Flexibility just cancels the bonus your foe gets for using two hands or for pining you (B371). In that case Flexibility would only not help in a non-pin, one handed grapple. Seems okay to me.

Climbing: As long as the GM can keep clear in his head/notes what penalties are for how slippery or vertical a surface is and what penalties are for hand/foot holds being far apart this might work okay.

Any thoughts?
MatthewVilter is offline   Reply With Quote