View Single Post
Old 12-03-2020, 07:15 AM   #3
RedMattis

Default Re: GURPS Technical Grappling Max Control Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasCole View Post
2013 version: use whatever Grip ST you calculate given the limbs you're using. Adding more limbs is a way of increasing control, and it usually comes at a penalty (adding your legs means you're committed to being prone).

2020 version: Oh my God what was I thinking? Control Max is just Lifting ST, modified by bonuses to ST for Wrestling or Sumo or whatever.
Doesn't that end up a bit too low to pin someone?

A four-armed dude with ST 10 would then just be able to apply 10 CP in total, right? Or is there some way around the 10 CP limit for him? CP used in locks still count to the total CP, right? That basically means he can only get his enemy down to ST/DX-5 which is a fair bit, but not a pin.

Similarly the snek-dusa would basically just wrap her torso around some greek soldier's torso, but couldn't really use her arms to restrain the soldier's arms without loosening the grip on the soldier's torso?

Quote:
There are more than a few things that seemed like a good idea as I was writing it in 2012 or so that I'd do differently now.
Any compilation of those things around here? I find Technical Grappling to be a very cool book, but I'm struggling a bit to figure out how to do some stuff (and teach my players).

Edit: Woudn't Max CP = Trained-ST basically mean you'd never use your legs for grappling unless it is for the slightly ST for the CP-damage-rolls?

Last edited by RedMattis; 12-03-2020 at 07:18 AM.
RedMattis is offline   Reply With Quote