View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 07:49 AM   #685
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
1) Is it possible someone discovered or reinvented a form of magic that was used in the past or from outside of Tuguk?
Yes, its possible.

Quote:
2) Could the Order of the Stone be using what they do not recognize by magic, perhaps accidentally?
Its possible, but not on a large scale.

Quote:
3) Would the Order of the Stone not have their own magic, but instead just use the Stone Melders (i.e. by carving a statue)
They would know if they were using that. They are also very familiar with how stone melder's magic works. Records indicate they don't have any practical way to harness that magic.

Quote:
4) Is it plausible a lone wolf could set something like this up?
A lone wolf could kick off a disaster, yes, but not without leveraging existing magic and infrastructure. They might provide an inciting incident, but not the mechanism.

Quote:
5) Is it possible to permanently destroy the Stone Melders? Would it be a good idea to do so?
It is theoretically possible to destroy a stone melder... but it would require more general magic knowledge, which Tuguk doesn't have. Breaking a statue in half generally just leaves the stone melder in one of the halves, and someone impaired in their movements in that statue.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote