View Single Post
Old 06-18-2021, 11:25 AM   #470
ajardoor

Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! OOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
How close is Gathika to Telrith's back? She should be striking distance, I think. telrith is only 6 yards down the tunnel. She may have a chance to shout a warning: catfolk have night vision 5, negating the darkness penalty, she's presumably got a pretty high Per from a caster's IQ, they've got a basic -5 to their stealth attempt, they're moving at full speed, and any magic they were using just got dispelled. (the distance is close enough that it provides information beyond what was previously applied)

how far down the tunnel are Vic and Stonemaul? They should be in front of Telrith, I think, and mudman should be front of them (10 yards down the tunnel ... which means he's really close to the people who just stepped forward).
Gathika was mostly hiding around the corner instead of looking down the corridor, the hiding bandits have the Vanish Technique mastered, they have good Stealth and Camouflage skills, they rolled well, they were not using magic, and 6 yards still gives a small Range penalty to Vision rolls.

Yeah, Vic and the elementals are much closer to the swordsmen than you are.