View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 09:45 AM   #37
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar assesses the work to be done, and says, "Pothi, if we want to have any hope of getting this all done before launch, we need to work over lunch. I know, I know, 'regulations say...', but if we don't get this work done, the noncom is going to make us do our next spacewalk without the EVA suits!"
Pothi doesn't look very convinced by the "Too much to do argument", as things are usually over-done during the first jump, and Daymar and Pothi actually have a fair amount of leeway in their command chain, being sort of lent to another command...

Quote:
He continues, "Look, I'm not asking you to go hungry, look I grabbed some snacks from the food stores, but let's just get this done!"
However, when Pothi sees the food, his eyes light up. Daymar chose wisely, picking things he knew Pothi would be glad to have. Pothi readily agrees to eat snacks during the lunch period while "working extra".

Daymar won't have to dodge the food again until dinner, giving him 24 hours without new suppressors.

Dinner will occur soon after the first jump.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote