View Single Post
Old 08-23-2020, 06:11 AM   #65
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Could I rig up an incident that leaves the storage are uninhabitable, or otherwise writing off everything stored there?
probably... though the only mechanical skill you have is traps, which is surprising applicable to a lot of techniques for doing this...

Quote:
Could I rearrange the freight such that if anyone tries to move the flour, it causes an avalanche (like a big Jenga tower). I figure trashing all the flour the same way would be really suspicious...
That would be traps. It would trash a LOT of flour, but I don't think the whole tower would go bad. maybe 25% to 75%, depending on your roll.

Quote:
Could I use Traps and an some kind of electrics tool to start a fire near the flour when someone turns on the lights? If so, I'll try to get my hands on electrical kit.
Yes, traps should work for that. You'll need to find something to burn properly... though I suppose that can be arranged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Are there any hazardous materials stored near flour (metallic hydrogen perhaps)?
There is metallic hydrogen bricks are stored basically everywhere (in the grey boxes on the floorplans*), so yes. The stuff is only slightly explosive, but it burns exceptionally well.

In two of the three stores, the flour is actually pretty close to the sewage treatment plant (which can take stuff all the way back to food, but still). On those same two floors the flour is near the water tanks as well. Not hazardous, but useful for wrecking flour. Air reclamation and Temperature control are also down there, for the record.

Quote:
I do have Armoury (Small Arms). Is there some kind of analogue to a firing pin that could be removed or something?
I'm sure there is an electronic analouge to that, and with small arms, your character has it. Once you have your powers oneline, you can probably fry the with a touch, though that would require a successful armoury (small arms) roll.

Quote:
Could I use Spacer or something to find a hidey-hole for contraband?
either Per-based Spacer or freight handling at -2 should work.

*you do have access to the floorplans?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote