View Single Post
Old 02-22-2014, 07:28 PM   #433
Gold & Appel Inc

Default Re: Ordinary People: Characters [0] to [-50]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goloman View Post
This thread made me register. Hope it was worth it.
Welcome to the hive-mind. The Low-Balla Thread is always worth it. ;]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goloman View Post
Benny, a weak mage and beer connoisseur, has been acting weird lately. Isaac is pretty sure it's a changeling and wants the heroes to find out what happened to the real Benny.
This echoes a plotline I always wanted to see on Cheers: Norm's been abducted, tab-unsettled. What lengths will Sam go to to get him back? :]

ETA: Benny's weird behavior should be something semi-obscure and beer-related. EG: All of a sudden he's crazy about Belgian whites, but the real Benny can't eat cilantro because it tastes like soap to him (this is a real thing; I have it) and thus also hates coriander...

Also, HT 8 with 9 HP is pretty fragile for an NPC you want to keep around. Assuming he doesn't have an Arbitrary GM Character Shield, of course, you might want to twiddle the points to give him some Hard to Kill, so he's less likely to accidentally get offed by a bit of flying glassware, a single punch in the head in a bar brawl, or the constant illnesses from working with the public in a wet climate, but can still easily land in the hospital for those sorts of things, if that's what you're going for.

Suggestion: You could pick up 4 points for that by trading in the Quirk CoH for a real [-5] Professional CoH that includes the same provisions plus more like: "Always obey all laws pertaining to your liquor license, regardless of how honest you otherwise are or what goes on in your pub. Never knowingly over-serve anybody, and if somebody's had too much, make sure they get to a taxi and over-pay for it yourself. Also throw the cab driver a few bucks for coming out if you call a taxi for somebody who wanders away and can't be found. Always tip out the back of the house."

Last edited by Gold & Appel Inc; 02-23-2014 at 06:11 AM.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote