View Single Post
Old 11-25-2021, 10:01 AM   #6
Shaira

Default Re: Magic Affecting Multiple Targets

Hi everyone - thanks for your replies! :) I'm starting to visualise how wizards might work in large-scale battles and sieges - range permitting, so they'd more than likely have to be in the thick of it, which itself is a definite "setting world reality" point. Mage squadrons in howdahs on the back of war indricotheria anyone? And of course large-scale summonings attacking multiple targets. I need to think more about ranges there too.

I just noticed an interesting "multi-target" type mention I hadn't internalised before; ITL p159, Rings of Control, says such a ring can contain up to five instances of the same control spell, allowing the ring to control 5 targets simultaneously. I presume this means taking 5 different actions over 5 separate turns, so no different to a Wizard casting Control Person 5 times at 5 targets over 5 turns, but the wording makes it clear this is a feature of the Rule of Five and nothing too unusual.

I need to chew that over a little. It's not really a multiple target effect, but...

Sarah
Shaira is offline   Reply With Quote