View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 06:23 PM   #35
Axly Suregrip

Default Re: Staff Countermeasures

For my update, let's just say standard weapons (wood or otherwise) are not flammable enough to be ignited like this. There are other things on a person that may be flammable. ITL states "He could light his own
cigar, a friend’s torch, or an enemy’s beard." Everyone has hair. If you get adjacent to a foe, you certainly can light his head of hair on fire. That is exactly within the parameters of ITL.

Other creative possibilities arise. If the foe is carrying molotails or torches on their belt, then ignite them all. If it is a fur covered animal (bears or wolves), ignite the whole creature. If you think they have something flammable in their backpack, put the fire in the backpack... maybe they had half a dozen torches in it and the whole thing will go up.

I think it makes sense to limit the controlled fire to flammable objects. That is what ITL lists.

And I think it is right to allow creative use of igniting heads or molotails, etc, as long as the wizard is willing to take the risk of getting adjacent.

I am still not convinced a weapon/staff may be lit like this.
Axly Suregrip is offline   Reply With Quote