View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 12:08 PM   #644
Christopher R. Rice

Default Re: GURPS Monster Hunters: what will you do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
Never seen the series or read the comic. Which of the templates would the character fall under? Why would he make a great monster hunter?
The series is fairly awesome, it's more of a Action game than a Monster Hunter game but Chance would easily be as good as a Champion. He's a assassin turned bodyguard, and would be a Commando (with some detective stuff in there too) MH-wise. He's got some slick moves, I highly suggest Netflix'ing the series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffin View Post
I've never read the series for this character either. I gather she's from a setting which is very magical where the monsters are known to exist by the genral public. I'm not sure this would disqualify her, but possibly. What template would she fill in GURPS MH?
Yeah, the original back story was the supernatural critters didnt come out of the 'coffin' till a few years beforehand, before that would work as Blake did a bunch of slaying of vamp's as extra-legal activity. She'd probably be a Witch or a Slayer, maybe a bit of both.

Don't actually try to read the series though, or at least beyond the first few books its very...well, its just terrible. I'll leave it at that, Google the series if you are curious.

Ghostdancer

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote